[Gllug] Low Power / Quiet - Silent PCs

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri Nov 2 08:59:14 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 08:02 +0000, Chris Bell wrote:

> >   http://www.koolu.com/
>
>    And make sure the whole cupboard does not overheat, it may take longer
> but it can still cause failures later.

No, the TRUE geek would fit a chilled water system in the cupboard.
You mean you don't have hot and cold aisles in all your rooms?

Talking about heat from one box,
I'm dealing with over 200 at the moment, in a somewhat bigger cupboard.
The racks all have huge fan units replacing the rear doors, which blow
hot air upwards like a row of factory chimneys. You can connect the
doors to the network, fer goodness sake.
They produce a fair belt of heat.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk