[Gllug] Linux users - sign petition to say you use BBC web site!

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Wed Nov 7 11:46:25 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 09:46:08AM +0000, Peter Childs wrote:

> Why then to install practically any app do i have to reboot windows at least
> once (usually twice) but to install it under Linux it just works....

Err....that's just not true any more. Even Windows 2000, which I'm running on
my office machine, only seems to want a reboot when it installs security
updates.

There are a few apps that still insist on rebooting, but there are fewer and
fewer of them, as the coders actually get round to writing software that does
things properly.

Dan
--
The chain which can be yanked is not the eternal chain.
		-- G. Fitch
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk