[Gllug] Tiscali broadband

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Nov 7 00:12:17 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 17:20 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> I have had plus.net and zen.co.uk both setup reverse dns for me, but I
> am unaware of any other ISP that does ( actually, like Martin already
> said - I dont think any isp who does adsl allocation from a pool is
> likely to setup reverse dns, but if you buy a subnet from them - they
> might ).

If by allocation from a pool you mean dynamic allocation then of course
you wont get reverse DNS.

If you mean static allocation then being "from a pool" is largely
meaningless and there should be no problem with setting reverse DNS.

Most ISPs don't delegate reverse DNS on ADSL connections. We don't but
we certainly allow our customers to set it - they just email details to
us and we get is sorted.

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk