[Gllug] Tiscali broadband

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Nov 6 17:20:35 UTC 2007

Alain Williams wrote:
> Are they really this crap that they can't/won't set the reverse IP address ?
> Someone please tell me that the Indian bloke got it wrong.

Start by looking at the sale agreement + t&c and find the place where
they said this might be something you can get. If its not there, its all
down to you and the guy on the phone.

I have had plus.net and zen.co.uk both setup reverse dns for me, but I
am unaware of any other ISP that does ( actually, like Martin already
said - I dont think any isp who does adsl allocation from a pool is
likely to setup reverse dns, but if you buy a subnet from them - they
might ).

Not sure about tiscali, but bethere.co.uk ( my present ISP ) definitely
dont setup reverse dns.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk