[Gllug] No Expo this year

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 12:24:30 UTC 2007

On Wed 05 Sep, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> john levin wrote:
> > If only there were something like LUG Radio Live in London.
>
> There are enough people on this list, and in London to make such an event
> happen. It all boils down to getting a few people together and driving it.

   The problem is getting together a combination of someone who has the
right contacts, a good organiser, and someone who has the time and
inclination.
   Some group members are able to call on old contacts to organise talks,
Several members, including myself, are willing to turn up for a practical
installation day and help where we are able.
   I was invited to join the GLLUGadmin group because I had the time to set
up a demo on the GLLUG space at Olympia. Unfortunately I am not an expert,
do not have the right contacts, and am not a good organiser. What tended to
happen was that the GLLUG stand was seen, and other people toured the
exhibition and managed to organise additional future talks.
   I am quite happy to do what I can to promote Open Source. I am often
found helping out at a wholesale company owned by friends who import and
distribute computer parts, and am well known for talking about Debian and
Linux to "computer professionals", many of whom have never heard of Open
Source.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk