[Gllug] MP3 player recomendations

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Sep 3 20:31:00 UTC 2007

On 3 Sep 2007, Chris Bell told this:

> On Sun 02 Sep, Nix wrote:
>> (of course I've got crap amplitude response to make up for it, *sigh*)
>
>    Most people will be able to hear the result of one speaker out of a set
> reverse-connected, but are you one of the small minority that claims to be
> able to distinguish the absolute phase of sound, so complain if all the
> speakers are reverse-connected, even if they are all the same way round?

Nope: I can only hear phase differences and I doubt very much that
anything else is possible or even makes conceptual sense. (It's not as
if absolute phase detection has a blind bit of use, unlike phase
difference detection which is a critical part of determining sound
direction. What's more, how can you even tell? I mean, the thing is
oscillating at hundreds of Hz anyway...)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk