[Gllug] Lighttpd deciding that 404 is for ever and ever

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 15:33:59 UTC 2008

On 09/04/2008, Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com> wrote:
>  For future reference, neither Varnish, nor Lighttpd/modcache/modproxy
>  can act as an http accelerator in any way approaching sensible.

nginx doesn't do caching reverse proxy, which leaves Apache 2.2.

>  All I need is to cache urls like /foo/bar/xxx.html and
>  /foo/search?adasasd, etc for 20 minutes or so, without caching 500 or
>  404 statuses or ignoring the query string.

Looks like apache and squid are only the only ones that can do this
well without resorting to paying out for commercial software or
hardware.

Fortunately Apache as caching reverse proxy documentation is both
plentify and encouraging - looks like it will do the right thing, and
fortunately we already have sensible caching headers to work with.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk