[Gllug] Asus eeepc keyboard compared to OLPC??

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 22:05:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 08:46:35PM +0100, M.Blackmore wrote:
> Anyone had a chance to compare these two devices in the field, so to
> speak - in particular, if doing a fair bit of typing, how much better,
> if at all, is the OLPC for text entry?

I have an Asus - keyboard a bit small for me (large 6'4" bloke), OK for
occasional days but would not want to spend weeks using it.

I played with an OLPC a couple of days ago. The keys are small and rubbery
(some sort of membrane over it). Again - I would not be keen to use it for
many days.

BTW: the idea was floated of UKUUG getting together an order of these (100+),
The deal would be the: you pay for 2 but get 1, the other going to a child
in the 3rd world somewhere. I'm not sure what the price would be (waiting
for full proposal).

Would people be interested ?

--
Alain Williams