[Gllug] Speaking of those tiny "laptops" ...

Michael G Fletcher michael at ilovemylinux.com
Mon Aug 25 16:13:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Dylan <dylan at dylan.me.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> A friend of mine wants to get one of the extra-small "laptops" and keeps
> pressing me for opinions. So guys, what opinions can I pass on to him to
> guide a good purchase when he finaly succumbs to the gadget-lust?
>
> Dx
> --
> " '... but there is so much else behind what I say. It makes itself known to
> me so slowly, so incompletely! ...' "
> --

I'm personally eagerly awaiting the eee 901 to arrive at
efficientpc.co.uk :-) but if you are looking at the new Atom Based
machines, there are a few already:

The Advent 4211 (a PCWorld MSI Wind adaption)
MSI Wind
Eee 1000H (10.1 inch screen and 80GB 2.5" HD)
The Dell Inspiron Mini (rumoured to be shipped with Ubuntu Netbook
Remix pre-installed)
HP?? (Can't remember the details, but seemed overpriced when I was
investigating)

I'm sure that I have missed some, but hope that helps!

--Michael
Michael Fletcher

Visit my website here - http://www.mgfletcher.com/blog
Interested in Linux? Then visit - http://www.ilovemylinux.com