[Gllug] Core Services

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 11:54:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Stephen Nelson-Smith
<sanelson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Redhat ships with a vast number of services switched on, out of the
> box, even with a very basic install:

Your basic install isn't basic enough :-) Yes, it ships with a lot of
stuff that I turn off. But not as much as you list. Then again, I only
ever do a core install, with no optional extra package sets, and then
manually add in the extras I need later. It results in a much cleaner
system, without a load of cruft that hides the packages you care about
when you do a yum update.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk