[Gllug] eeepc 701 Surf @ £136.16 + VAT for today

Richard Revis Richard.Revis at truphone.com
Sun Aug 17 12:53:00 UTC 2008

> I got the 10 inch advent thing for £270 from PC world (badged
> MSI Wind). Removed Win XP and replaced with Ubuntu netbook remix :)

I picked up a 10" Eee from Mikro Anvika as I thought the price difference was worth it to support a company that shipped hardware with Linux already installed.

Compared to the Wind the only real advantages you get for your extra £90 are 4 more hours of battery life, a 40gb SSD, Linux Bluetooth support, better build quality, a slip case and a much better track pad. Now it is available the 901 (at £300 instead of £360) might be easier to justify though.

Richard

Truphone and SIM4travel are trading names of Software Cellular Network Ltd. registered in England and Wales (registered company number: 4187081). Registered office: Carmelite, 50 Victoria Embankment, Blackfriars, London EC4Y 0DX

This e-mail, and any attachment/s, may contain information which is confidential or privileged, and is intended for the addressee only.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, copy or distribute this information in any manner whatsoever. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk