[Gllug] External USB HD recommendations

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Dec 1 18:00:17 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 05:51:49PM +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> [...] I have had issues with some USB devices where they done enumerate
> correctly, and the workaround was to unload the USB2 module and resort to
> USB1.1 (via the command "sudo rmmod ehci_hcd").

The correct workaround for hardware like that is to drop it into the bin, or
possibly dump it on anybody daft enough to haul it away.

On a completely unrelated note, anybody want a pair of new, boxed, Realtek
GigE network cards? It's too much like effort to return them to the supplier
as not fit for purpose.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk