[Gllug] Free to a good home - old switches

Fri Feb 29 11:39:55 UTC 2008

Apparently I was a bit misinformed.
They're all 24 port, not 48. And some are going back in while 'we' sort out the issues with the new kit.

I have three to give away now. They're Nortel Baystack 240-24t. Other than the model number, and the sockets on the front, I know nothing about them.
One has two fibre sockets, the other two have none. They've all got null modem sockets.

I'll do these on a first-come first served basis, and if you miss out, email me off-list and I'll let you know as soon as I get some more. I should do, these'll be made redundant again shortly, and there's company-wide (15+ sites) upgrades going on.

Phone me on 020 7902 6275 or email me on the address in my signature if you want them.

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:39:52 +0000 (GMT)
Sean Tohill <S.Tohill at westminster.ac.uk> wrote:
> i'd like any other people don't want for use in labs at the university.
>
> any other networking equipment people don't want would be nice too. cisco
> especially nice. nothing too big.
>
> all used to teach hands on networking to students.

We're doing quite a bit of work on our network hardware, so I've rung round and got most of the group to send me all their old networking kit. When they're sure they don't need it.
Email me if you want anything in particular. Our network manager enjoys buying new stuff...

--
Avi Greenbury <god at lordandmaker.co.uk>
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk