[Gllug] Linux friendly mp3 player

Holger Duerer hduerer at gmx.net
Fri Jan 18 21:19:36 UTC 2008

    Ivan> Stuart wrote:
    >> AIUI the latest generation iPods don't work like this. You
    >> still need to regenerate their database for them to recognise
    >> audio files. I had no luck with a new iPod nano and gtkpod when
    >> I tried this...

    Ivan> Hi Stuart,

    Ivan> No problems here with Fedora 8, iPod 2GB gen. 5 and gtkpod.

The latest models (classic and latestet nanos) are completely
different.  There is some patch for gtkpod to make it work but that is
still a pain compared to just copying files from one disk to another.
(Not to speak of the iPod interface that seems makes me scream or
swear at least once a day).

      Holger
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk