[Gllug] Connecting a second Ethernet link (1 Gbps) between two servers

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Sun Jan 20 19:45:04 UTC 2008

> It is possible to give both eth0 and eth1 on each machine the same IP,
> eg. 10.0.0.10 and 10.0.0.20, regular default route 10.0.0.1 on
Matt, I shall remember this technique.
It has merit - I am often asked to configure storage servers these days
with 10gbps interfaces. Or, in an upcoming project, routing between
Infiniband and gigabit.

> I am not saying this is the best way to do this, just that it is
> possible. It does mean you don't have to go anywhere near the DNS.

Emerges from cave. Scratches, adjusts fur clothing.
"Uggg, uggg, uggg /etc/hosts Ugg."
Slices large steak from the mammoth, and goes back inside nice warm cave
to cook late supper.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk