[Gllug] Firefox-3.0.1

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Mon Jul 28 12:31:45 UTC 2008

Dear GLLUGers,

I run RHEL 4 and this morning updated 300+ files via
up2date and now firefox is going wrong.

At first I got the error message that libpongocairo-1.0.so.0
couldn't be found.  I checked the path to this library,
namely /usr/evolution28/lib and found that other didn't have
read or search permission.  I changed this to 755.

Now, firefox starts, but exits immediately with no error
message.  Root can run firefox without problems.

Can anyone suggest how this can be fixed?

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
Linux Registered    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
User #287765       / \ Against HTML Mail
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk