[Gllug] exim4 smarthost relay to ssh tunnel

Sean Burlington sean at practicalweb.co.uk
Fri Jul 18 16:38:56 UTC 2008

Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:07:18PM +0100, Sean wrote:
>>
>> Can I get Exim to use my ssh tunnel without adding new transports?
>>
>> (and if so how? - I'd rather keep my exim config simple)
>
> A fully-featured mta is often overkill for a laptop or workstation.
> I can recommend msmtp as an alternative.
>
> http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/

but it's installed by default and I use it on my server so I'd rather
not have to learn something else as well.

I have now found a relatively simple config change which works

I just added "self = send" and removed "domains = ! +local_domains" to
my smarthost router

I /think/ this leaves things intact so that I can still use the
exim4-config package :-)

smarthost:
   debug_print = "R: smarthost for $local_part@$domain"
   driver = manualroute