[Gllug] anyone used ovh.co.uk for hosting

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Mar 7 17:33:31 UTC 2008

Paul Lee wrote:
> Jason Clifford wrote:
>
>> These days racking a server in a decent colo centre tends to cost about
>> £60 per Amp.
>
> ...in London. ovh.co.uk seem to be Paris based. Nevertheless still seems
> a loss leader, as although data centre costs are lower in Europe, they
> can't be *that* low.

dedibox have something that isnt far off that price mark - and I know
people who have dozens of machines there - although they do intensive
hosting ( someone mentioned 4 machines in a 1U case ). Although, I dont
think that really makes a diff. You get the drive space, you get the b/w
and you get a 2Ghz Via'something CPU with a bit of ram.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk