[Gllug] Still struggling to set up IPv6 on a debian etch box

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Sun Mar 23 13:06:44 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 07:57:05AM +0000, John Winters wrote:
<snip>
>> You can also get a shell http://www.galliford.org/dg834g/.  Once at
>> the shell you should be able to use iptables and configure it to let
>> through whatever you like.  Use a UPS to keep it up like this.
>
> This sounds useful, but the link you've given doesn't actually seem to
> exist.  Is there a typo?

It used to exist, but the website has gone into "parking".
Maybe the author is moving to a new web server?

If I remember correctly the main thing is the add a "debug" flag to
the URL when you access the router's web interface, eg:
    http://192.168.0.254/setup.cgi?todo=debug

If this works then you should see "Debug Enable!" in the web browser
and then you can telnet to the device (without any need for a login).
Telnet access should be be available from the ethernet interfaces,

I can't remember if there is a CGI variable to exit the "debug mode",
but killing utelnetd should work.

For more details google for "netgear DG834G debug".