[Gllug] New software references

Progga proggaprogga at gmail.com
Tue May 13 09:12:06 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 09:40:33AM +0100, Chris Bell wrote:

> www.zencart.com (to build an on-line shopping site) ?

I setup a site with this one at this time last year (www.moneybooks.co.uk) .
The site owner/operator is not into IT, but says she feels confortable
managing it.  So I can at least say that it is USABLE.

It took me a day to setup the site with most of the time spent on theming.
Theming was not as advanced as in Drupal.  I remember buying a short tutorial
from lulu.com for less than three pounds which almost covered it all.

AFAIK zencart is a fork of OSCommerce.  Their website was not the best in terms
of navigability.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk