[Gllug] Firefox 3

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Fri May 30 09:08:59 UTC 2008

Rob Crowther wrote:
> M.Blackmore wrote:
>> On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 11:07 +0100, Rob Crowther wrote:
>>> I've got multiple versions installed side by side on my machine
>> How does one do that? I thought libraries etc. would get hopelessly
>> mixed up.
>>
> There are no shared libraries in Firefox itself, everything required is
> in the installation directory - you can download a daily build[1],
> extract it in your home directory and run it directly.
>
> The things you need to worry about are:

An alternative way to do it, if you've got multiple users already on
your machine is to install as user2, automatically avoiding user1's
profile and then do something like:

xhost +local:user2
su user2
nohup /path/to/firefox3 &
exit

Makes the most sense if you already have a second user account for
playing with stuff.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd