[Gllug] Do modern webpages kill older laptops/PCs?

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Thu May 29 17:07:43 UTC 2008

Ryan Cartwright wrote:
>> *All* our business email - without exception - is sent by top posters.
>> The body of the previous comment is present so that the email can be
>> forwarded to another party to rapidly track the *entire* transaction.
>> Deleting any of the body is a disciplinary offence :)
>
> Even the "legal" terms in the footer? Blimey that is the first bit I
> trim when replying to *internal* messages.

We don't have legal footers :) We took legal advice - which was that
they have no effect. If something is supposed to be secret then don't
send it in plain text :)

> <snip>
>> Suggesting that one imposes bottom posting on the entire commercial
>> environment of the planet is unrealistic and irrelevant.
>
> That's a bit of a straw man argument isn't it? So far - in this
> discussion - I'm not aware of anybody actually suggesting such an
> imposition.

I love straw men. They are *so* inflammable :) But I did feel we were
trolling that way...

> I've just seen people expressing their frustration of the
> way others post and the alleged "arrogance" of the other sides.

Is it not fascinating how it's always the *other* person who is arrogant

:)

> hear hear (for both points) ;o)

Cheers!

MeJ