[Gllug] Typesetting a book under Linux

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Nov 4 12:25:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 11:53:13AM +0000, - Tethys wrote:
> So are there any others options I've missed? Are any of the Windows
> apps sufficiently well supported under Wine to be viable? I'd prefer a
> free software solution, but will settle for something that allows me
> to get it finished before the deadline...

For the apps which CrossOver actually supports, it does work really
well.  I edited an entire book using Office XP[1] on CrossOver, and I
don't recall any part of the application which failed in any way.

Still, if Scribus fails or crashes, maybe this is your chance to fix
it?

Rich.

[1] Talk about wrong tool for the job though :-)

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk