[Gllug] redhat.com broken redirects

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 12:07:45 UTC 2008

2008/11/5 Daniel P. Berrange <dan at berrange.com>:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 11:35:17AM +0000, Aaron Trevena wrote:
>> Hi GLLUGers
>>
>> Any other Redhat Enterprise users around having problems trying to use
>> the redhat.com shop - pretty much all the useful links like trying to
>> check entitlements, log into account, support, etc, all fail with
>> infinite redirect errors.
>
> They seem to work for me, but then I'm on the intranet of the red hat
> network, so not neccessarily a fair test of public accessibility.

https://www.redhat.com/wapps/orderhistory/protected/list.html

is taking for ever to load and existing subscriptions aren't appearing
in the manage your subscriptions section.

I set aside today to be onsite for a client to sort out this kind of
stuff and it's a complete waste of our time, it's looking quicker and
cheaper to replace with Centos than to jump through all the hoops at
redhat, even if I factor in my time.

>> Has anybody else been able to use those parts of the site or spoken to
>> people at RH about the problem ?
>
> If you're after a contact point, we've got a web form for reporting any
> website problems like broken links, redirects, incorrect content, etc:
>
>  https://www.redhat.com/apps/response/web_contact.html
>
> It gets forwarded through to our web team's ticket system

I'll try and do that - earlier today that was doing the redirect of
doom as well :(

After my recent experience using RHN I'm pretty fed up with it all,
way too painfull to use.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk