[Gllug] [ot] unsolicited mail from LPI-UK

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Tue Oct 28 17:17:37 UTC 2008

Bruce Richardson wrote:
> LPI were offering free LPIC-1 tests at one of the London expos, about 7
> years ago.  Did you sit one of those?

To the very best of my knowledge, no.  I've always been ambivalent about
such accreditation.

Emails offlist suggest that I'm not the only person who's been contacted
by them.

I expect it's an honest mistake, but subscribing a whole bunch of geeks
to a mailing list, ones with whom you've had no contact for about 7
years at best, without explicitly gaining permission, suggests they
didn't think it through.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk