[Gllug] OT: HD Camcorder (Linux and PS3 compatibility)

Alistair Mann gllug at lgeezer.net
Tue Sep 16 22:25:18 UTC 2008

damion.yates at gmail.com wrote:

> I'm due a 2nd baby in a day or so and want to record it in something
> that is better quality than my camera phone.

Congratulations Damion, can I wish you and the father the best? ;-)

No idea about a suitable camera, but I do have a funny story. I had a
lady, who hated computers with passion even before this, accidentally
rename the video of her giving birth to something without an extension.
The only way to tell which of the many files so renamed was to name them
back, one at a time, and double-click them until the right one turned
up. I've never seen anyone so completely torn -- desperate to know
whether THE movie has been found, yet desperate not to have the hired
help ask "Does that look like your fadge? How about that?" -- not that I
did.

The true confessions of a Windows cleaner,
--
Alistair Mann

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk