[Gllug] DNS verification (slightly OT)

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Apr 17 10:13:39 UTC 2009

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:26:10 +0100, henrik at morsing.cc (Henrik Morsing)
wrote:
[snip]

> Thanks btw but you're both querying the wrong server, I've set up my
server
> with the information I want, that's not the problem, the problem is
> Verisign's servers being wrong and my registrar not populating them with
> the right records.

I'm not sure what you're saying here.  I didn't specify a server to query
and so the responses which I got back will have come from whoever is or
appears to be the relevant delegated server.  This is what you actually
need to test if you want to know whether things are set up correctly.  What
role do Verisign fulfil in the hosting/DNS serving of your domain?

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk