[Gllug] To LLU or Not to LLU?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 1 21:10:56 UTC 2009

On Wed 01 Apr, Dylan wrote:

> That is not a necessary consequence - the infrastructure can be owned and
> operated by a statutory company, or controlled by statutory instrument. This
> would be similar to the railway or gas model (which is inefficient due to
> lack of effective regulation and management, not in virtue of the underlying
> model.)
>
> Dx

   I understand that railways, and possibly other infrastructure such as
canals, needed an act of parliament, with precise before and after maps and
plans. That did not prevent planning stations and junctions located so as
not to provide interchange, but sometimes with duplication. Many routes
failed, although they probably ended up with a greater spread of facilities.

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
www.overview.demon.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk