[Gllug] Ubuntu Jaunty Releases and Beer this evening

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Fri Apr 24 10:09:15 UTC 2009

On Friday 24 April 2009, George wrote:
> Kmail has gone to the dogs completely with
> out so much as a by your leave ...

Kmail has always had a habit of changing the user settings on upgrade, even
with minor bug fixes. I've regularly had to reinstate my toolbar buttons and
correct my chosen view layout, and not infrequently actually tell it where to
find the mail (or force it to rebuild indexes;) address book or
accounts/identities config, It's not restricted to Ubuntu (which I've never
used in anger and don't like <ducks>) since I've had it happen on several
Suse installations over the years and seen it more than once on Red Hat.

Dx

--
“ ‘... but there is so much else behind what I say. It makes itself known to
me so slowly, so incompletely! ...’ ”
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk