[Gllug] Need Broadband Modem that supports IPv6

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Aug 19 09:39:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 10:04 +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> I wonder why the big boys are not acting, there is a stated aim (that I have seen somewhere)
> of 20% adoption by 2010 - we aren't going to get there.

There is no belief that IPv6 is necessary right now and that's probably
true as so many networks out there don't support it. Too many older
routers and switches simply wont do IPv6 and will need to replaced to
make it work.

Until the network supports it properly there is little point in
manufacturers committing to supporting IPv6 and until there is demand,
as evidenced by sales of IPv6 ready kit, network operators seem
unwilling to commit to the very significant capex needed to implement
it.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk