[Gllug] Alexandria and bar code scanners

Bob Giles thecorfiot at gmx.co.uk
Sun Aug 9 07:30:31 UTC 2009

Joel,

Thanks for the speedy response.
> Not familiar with that specific software but most people I know who
> catalogue their books do so by holding up book covers / barcodes to a
> webcam, and driving Delicious Library or similar that way.
================ Snip ===================
Disregarding the fact that I thought that Delicious was Apple software,
I keep finding references to using webcams but no real detail. Any
pointers would be gratefully received.

Decoding a sequence of bars isn't rocket science, even if the image is
awful to  begin with,

That's easy for you to say! <GRIN>

As I said, any pointers to more detail would be gratefully received.

Bob G.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk