[Gllug] VACANCY: Linux System Administrator

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Aug 11 12:51:04 UTC 2009

On 11 Aug 2009, at 12:58, Tony Chapman wrote:
[...]
> Please email or call me with any questions regarding rate, location
> and further company details.

One might almost think that the job didn't exist and this was a
fishing expedition, since rate and location are rather fundamental
things that ought to be in the advert.

But only a completely jaded world-weary cynic, soul tarnished from
having so many recruitment agencies waste his time, could possibly
come up with such a conclusion. Even if it's usually true.

Is this job even in London? You scraped a tagged email address off a
CV which was uploaded to job sites. The CV quite clearly states that
I'm only looking for roles "easily commutable from west London",
listing which areas I consider are commutable - basically anything I
can get to by waving an Oystercard - and then proceeded to offer me
roles in Yorkshire, "Thames Valley", Farnborough, and undisclosed
locations.

(My long shot: it's in High Wycombe, and they're prepared to pay up to
£200-250/day.)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk