[Gllug] [OFFTOPIC] Re: Vista vs seven

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Tue Dec 8 08:28:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-08 at 00:08 +0000, Tethys wrote:
> --------
>
> co at chocabloc.net writes:
>
> >And BTW bottom posting is horrible if you are like me and rely on a
> >screen reader.

Your screen reader software is faulty or poorly designed if it can't
ignore blocks of text which start with > and >> symbols...

> As an aside, I'd call ">>" reading as "greater greater" a bug in
> your screen reader. Surely, making it aware of the common quoting
> conventions would be a big win. You might want to mention it to
> your screen reader vendor. It could improve your email experience
> significantly.

Exactly.

His whinge about accessibility software being exclusively Windows-based
is just plain wrong, and is probably just another attempt at trolling.
In fact my blind friend gave up entirely on Windows software (that he
had to pay a lot of money for from the RNIB) after the persistent
crashes, infections and all the rest.

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk