[Gllug] Software for on-line sales?

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Wed Dec 16 16:06:10 UTC 2009

Progga wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:
>>

>> 1. OS Commerce (Its OK but Meh IMO)
>> 2. VirtueMart (You'll have to have a Joomla sight as well for this)
>> 3. ZenCart (We use this and I hate it)
>> 4. Actinic http://tinyurl.com/y86x7yr (Which is very good but
>> proprietary and you'll need a Windows client machine but as to be
>> expected integrates with most things)
>>

> I'll want to add Magento (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magento).
>
> But if I want sell anything online today, I'll probably just stick to
> Ebay or Amazon :-)  They get far more hits from potential buyers than
> small ecommerce stores.

That's a good point actually, an ebay store would be quick and easy and
then you could use turbolister for inventory mamangement. I suppose it
depends how large they want things to scale and what granularity of
control they need but it might be a good way to get started while you're
helping them source a more comprehensive bespoke setup.

Roger.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk