[Gllug] Mapping from disk block to LVM partitions

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Dec 7 12:05:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 11:33:09AM +0000, Rich Walker wrote:
> Kostas Georgiou <k.georgiou at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
>

> > What about lvs -o +seg_pe_ranges or something like
> > pvs -o pv_name,lv_name,pvseg_start,pvseg_size
> >

> The lvs option is good; still got to get from the PE ranges to the physical
> blocks...

I'm a bit vague on this (it was well over a year ago that I looked at
this), but aren't physical extents just 32 MB blocks of the physical
disk, plus some small initial offset?

You're more than welcome to trawl through the code I wrote which
should answer this question.  All the files 'diskimage_lvm2*.ml*'
here:

http://git.annexia.org/?p=virt-df.git;a=tree;f=lib;hb=HEAD

Rich.

--