[Gllug] Ethernet switch recommendation

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Wed Dec 2 11:27:44 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 12:32:00PM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> So I'm looking for a 16 port, good quality, gigabit ethernet switch
> which isn't consumer grade junk, and I'm prepared to spend a bit of
> money on it too.  What should I be looking for?

I've had a D-Link DGS-1216T[1] at home for some months now and haven't had
any issues with it. Web manageable, near silent, good performance and it
has all the features I need (including link aggregation). Must admit,
bought it primarily on price - an Amazon seller had some liquidation units
for sale for just over £120, which was a huge saving.

[1] http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=324

-mj
--
 Michael-John Turner