[Gllug] Budget desktops

Andrew Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Thu Feb 26 23:59:48 UTC 2009

I would just go for a Dell since it is in your budget.  Brand new
shipped and VAT incld for 280.  Comes with a 1 year on site warranty.
Or check the Dell Outlet for better deals but same warranty.  Also check
HP.  These machines will run right at the 250ish mark since they come
with the Microsoft Tax... err Vista.  Doesn't mean you can't stick Linux
on them or even dual boot them, but they come with a Vista license.  Not
bad if you every want to give it away or sell it.  The main thing you
get if you buy from the outlet is more RAM and a "higher" version of
vista (i.e. business or Ultimate rather than basic).  Also, Dell doesn't
give a rebate for not getting mouse and keyboard so you will get nice
shiny new K&M.

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk