[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Thu Feb 12 11:37:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Hari Sekhon <hpsekhon at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Rackspace is off past Heathrow and the travel is terrible, which is why
> they are constantly struggling to find good engineers, a good example of
> how going off to places too far out or without convenient travel makes
> recruitment difficult on an ongoing basis.

I remember visiting the main Rackspace a few years ago.  It was a
complete arse to get to (their main offices are based in Stockley
Park). Their Heathrow datacentre wouldn't have been too much hassle,
as there is a direct bus to the airport from Woking.  But Rackspace
turned out to be a big bunch of winkers in the end and am very glad I
didn't get the job.  And now they're our main competitors.  Ha!

Regards,

Martyn
--
Martyn Drake