[Gllug] Triggering an action on DHCPDISCOVER

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 19 17:01:41 UTC 2009

2009/2/19 John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com>:
> > There is a Perl script from CERN which basically does the tcpdump
> thing - you could base your method on that.
> It may take me a bit of time to dig it out.

Can't find the script via Google, and I doubt I have a copy of it anywhere.

Start by looking at Net:Pcap
Filter for DHCPdiscover packets and you're off.

ps. this WOL concept is pretty topical at the moment - there was a
post to the Gridengine mailing list this morning,
with someone using WOL to wake up servers if there were jobs waiting
in the queue, which led to a discussion of projects which already use
IPMI to do this.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk