[Gllug] Keyboards

Phil Reynolds phil-gllug at tinsleyviaduct.com
Tue Jan 6 10:14:36 UTC 2009

Quoting "Adrian McMenamin" <adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info>:

> My old (eight years) PS/2 keyboard has essentially had it (letter decals
> worn) and so I think I am making enough typing errors (as I cannot read
> the keys) to justify buying a new one.
>
> What would people recommend?

Quite a bump and probably well after time...

I decided I would have a new keyboard on my order from Scan when I did
my big rebuild last Autumn.

I went for an Enermax brushed aluminium cased one - with audio
extension and a 2-port USB hub. I like the idea of having a USB hub in
a keyboard - you can connect your mouse/trackball there - and your
VoIP headset, come to that.

It was also my intention to start using Dvorak layout - to that end I
bought overlay stickers from The Keyboard Company. They use the
normally blank corner - so both layouts are visible on all of my
keyboards. No reason why you couldn't use these to relabel a worn out
keyboard.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-gllug at tinsleyviaduct.com
Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk