[Gllug] Grub on lvm

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Thu Jan 8 15:01:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 12:13:59AM +0000, Nix wrote:
> Likewise, only... why would you give /tmp a partition at all? tmpfs has
> been de rigeur for such things forever, and is significantly faster as
> well as saving disk space. (/var/tmp is different: that is supposed to
> persist across reboots, unlike /tmp.)

Actually your right, I would and do put /tmp on tmpfs, just didn't want to
put all the details in to my orginal post as I was only asking a question.
Its seems quite clear the thought process with other people here about how
to lay things out is very similar... I have to admit, Linux's requirement
for / does seem quite high, particularly considering /boot normally gets
hived off, and like other people here go for a 1GB for / .

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk