[Gllug] Perl Developer Vacancy

Jose Luis Martinez jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 14 10:45:15 UTC 2009

2009/1/13 Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org>:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 01:03:21AM +0000, Joel Bernstein wrote:
>> 2009/1/12 Gary Pownall <gary.pownall at gmail.com>:
>> > Perl Developing anyone?
>> >
>> > http://www.cwjobs.co.uk:80/JobSearch/JobDetails.aspx?NoExpire=1&JobId=42757095
>>
>> "Suitable candidates will have solid commercial experience in Perl
>> (and Perl DBI) and an OO language (ideally Java)"
>>
>> Odd that they don't consider Perl an OO language.
>
> Odd that they consider Java some sort of "ideal" language.  But hey ...

What they mean is that they are a Java shop and somebody that knows
Java already would be a better fit for the position, I don't think the
statement is passing explicit judgement in the qualities of the
language.

As for Perl being an OO language, it does not have a reputation as
such in the industry, or at least in the part of it where most
developers and project managers live.

Jose.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk