[Gllug] Grub on lvm

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Tue Jan 6 17:18:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 03:06:34PM +0000, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> If /boot is on a LV, grub will not work so stay with lilo.

Most people normally avoid the problem, by having a minimal /boot as a
physical partition, Personally I aways have / and /boot as real partitions
not on LVM as it makes rescue of a dead system alot easier, being less
reliant on the right things working in the initrd, for me the main advantage
of lvm is being able to resize partitions later, and have never needed to
resize /

James

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk