[Gllug] Introductions to Databases

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Fri Jul 17 13:34:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:55:07PM +0100, Richard wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 06:19:44PM +0100, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> > It's not *that* long ago that a chunk of the user base were
> > seeing regular data corruption issues with Postgresql.
>
> Back this up with links please.

I'd have some digging to do - when I say not *that* long ago, I mean not
long ago for me, as opposed to all the thrusting young folk on the list.
I'm thinking of the transition from Postgres95 to Postgres 6.x which
would have been 96/97.  For some time after that, though, even though
the data reliability issues were solved, the performance was terrible
and there were gaps and annoyances with the SQL implementation that
meant I would never have considered using Postgresql in production
systems before version 7.1 or 7.2.

--
Bruce

If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too
simple to understand it.