[Gllug] sendmail issue

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Mon Jun 8 10:22:21 UTC 2009

Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> On 07/06/2009 15:21, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
>> I just cannot see where I have configured this wrongly nor has a trawl
>> through the bat book helped.
>>
>> So I am essentially in search of a clue. Any ideas as to where I should
>> look for the configuration error? (Please don't say it is using sendmail
>> in the first place - not big, not clever :))
>>

> Not using exim in the first place? :)

Even though it's not what you want to hear, Martin's right. Except he
has misspelled "postfix".

I walked away from sendmail when I realised I'd never really understand
how the damn thing worked. There are plenty of recipes for connecting
postfix or exim to spamassassin and clamav and you can remember how
everything is supposed to work when you come back to it in 6 months.

I chose postfix, and Martin seems to have gone for exim. For the kind of
setup you're describing go with whichever seems simpler to you. That
might well be exim if you're on a Debian setup.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk