[Gllug] here we go again... (was: Light weight GUI for Linux)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Jun 23 11:37:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:26:54PM +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
[...]
> a) the idiots a microsoft who wrote MS Outlook put the cursor there when
> you hit 'reply'.

Top-posting because that's where the cursor happens to be is like crapping
in your pants because that's where your arse happens to be.

My MUA also puts the cursor at the top of the file. That's so I can scroll
down and actually *read* the message while I'm editing. Top-posting almost
implies that you didn't bother to read the message before firing off a
response, which is rather rude.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk