[Gllug] Seeking some laptop advice

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Fri Jun 5 09:43:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 10:09:03AM +0100, Juergen Schinker wrote:

> Dell is crap because:
>
>  - propriatary Interface to external CD/DVD Rom

Get a USB CD drive if it bothers you.

>  - propriatary Interface from mains to Power Supply
>  - Quality of Case to bad (Plastik)

Most laptops have plastic cases.

>  - Support for private Customer exeptionally bad

Same will probably be true of any large PC-shifter.

>  - Transport Fee exeptionally high
>  - not enough USB-Interfaces

That's what USB hubs were invented for.

>  - you will have to pay the MS-Penalty Fee

No, you won't. As mentioned earlier in the thread.

Dan
--
When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any
firearms with me.  I said, `Well, what do you need?'
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk