[Gllug] [Lonix] Just Joined Lonix - Server Installation Help Wanted

Tim Williams tiw7001 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 22:36:52 UTC 2009

Hi to all Lonix members,

I have just joined Lonix and hope to meet you all at a future meeting, it
sounds like fun.

In the meantime I'm looking for some help to configure a server and thought
this might be good place to look for some help.

Before you lose interest I'm willing to pay to get this up and running (and
hopefully learn something!)

I have just purchased a machine that I want configured as a webserver.  So I
want raid setting up, debian, cherokee, php, mysql, some mail handler, dns
and anything else I might have missed.  Basically I want it configuring as
the very fastest, most secure web / email server that I can, prior to
sending to my hosting co.

If anyone thinks they can help... and knows this sort of stuff inside out,
then please drop me a line and let me know how long it will take and how
much I'd have to cross you palm with.

In an ideal world, (dependant on how long it would take) I could either
bring the server to you, or you come to me, and I could watch and try and
learn something.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Tim