[Gllug] Troubleshooting Memory Leak

william pink will.pink at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 10:28:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Joel Bernstein <joel at fysh.org> wrote:

> On 25 Mar 2009, at 09:43, william pink wrote:
> > I know its off topic but is there any reason you aren't using
> > Passenger?
> >  http://www.modrails.com/
>
> Why is Apache a good choice for this compared with an event-driven
> frontend? Does mod_rails work with the Event MPM? Apache listeners
> tend to be very heavy-weight in comparison with the newer breed of
> lighter proxy-oriented servers.
>
> /joel
> --

Speaking from the little experience I have I found Mongrels to be very
unstable so much in fact I was using God to monitor and restart them (this
happened quite often)
I find Passenger to have quite a small footprint on the server but I imagine
not as small as proxy-orientated servers, I had never come across MPM event
(we use MPM worker) so thanks for that I am going to test it with mod_rails
today.

Will