[Gllug] RSI: Was VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Mar 2 17:01:28 UTC 2009

James Hawtin wrote:
> Personally I am getting myself a HermanMiller Aeron chair. Though they are
> very pricy. The Last office chair I had lasted 20 years so I figure its worth
> splashing out a bit of a ncie replacement.

HM-A's are way overrated. I've had and used it for a few years, and
still use one at work - but not at home anymore. Plenty of people have
developed back problems on them ( including me ) and went to more
traditional better back support and shorted seat base ones for longer
session working on medical advise.

The guy I spend much time working with ( the dev pair, if you will )
only this last friday also gave up on the HM-A's and has moved to using
a wooden straight back chair!

just my 2p bit.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk